My Lovely Followers Thankyou :)

Tuesday 17 June 2008

I Dare You

OOOOOOH another one finished! i quite like this way of working although i am so anxious the ladies will not like them?!. I now have an idea for one of heidis houses yay!!!. Am particulary anxious about this one for Tish as it really is so different for me.

Tish asked for something altered into a brooch. So i ordered some dominoes which have not arrived yet and when i was in sainsburys today i saw this!!! lol, i just had to have it!So armed with my bottle i set to work. I know it may be slightly bigger than a brooch may be but it does fit an atc size so i thought just do it, lol.So this is what the imagination came up with! i was so busy with it i forgot to take step by step photos.

So I went with "Don't Let The Cute Escape"
I had some little dolls that i thought would look good trapped in the bottle.
I had to cut a hole to get them in and was thinking about how to conceal it when i thought of the doll breaking through.

So what do you think?!

The first thing i did was cover the bottle with alcohol inks. I used the dymno for the wording and added a little tag saying do not drink being that it was a bottle, lol. warped thinking i guess!

I then added some flowers to the bottom inside of the bottle and stuffed the dolls in with some foil as well. i used foil for the opening and dabbed the ink on that too, then assembled the doll as if she was trying to escape.

I added some wool ribbon around the lid, and some tiny pearl gems just to give it a little bit of something else. the pictures are not perfect! and it honestly does look better in real life so to speak.

I added the brooch pin and it was finished. I am very plesed with it, it wasnt what i had in my minds eye, but is better than i thought i could come up with, i think its more creative for me than a domino would have been although i can't wait to have a bash on those too.






4 comments:

karen said...

Hiya
Just thought I'd pop over to say hiya and wow...
you have some fab new creations on your blog hunni well done

My name is Cindy said...

Ha Ha ha. love it Joey and I'm sure Heidin will too.

DF - Heidi said...

shes going to love it great job

Trudy said...

i do love it