My Lovely Followers Thankyou :)

Saturday 13 September 2014

The Snowman and The Snowdog Concept Cards...

Hiya Everyone
Hope you are all ok

I know a few people are having trouble with putting together some of the concept cards from The Snowman and the Snowdog kit so I have a pic tute here, I hope it helps :)


Concept Card 1
You start off with your sheet like this

Pop all of the pieces out

Take these two pieces, on the piece that has the hole, you need to fold the prescored lines down either side

Take your little decorative piece and stick it in place

Take your two toppers and a piece of twine, string, wire and attach it to the back of onbe of the toppers

Stick this to the piece that you have already folded the score lines, you can conceal the tape marks with card if you choose

Take the second topper and stick it to the first one, this covers over the twine, I like to use 3d collall glue to do this, then add glue to the sides

Turn over and line it up with the base piece and stick it down

You can then add all the other decorative pieces and embellish as you want too :) 

(you may have a couple of little frames left over, I chose not to use those)

Here are a couple of finished ones :)
 On this one I added a Die'sire snowflake and some pearls and ribbon.
This one I added some pearls, ribbon, flowers and used a little butterfly punch, a little piece of coredinations cardstock too. Instead of having this one as a twist card, Over the hole I layed a piece of acetate on the base piece as well and stuck the topper to the back :) I turned it so it stands this way :)

You will be able to find lots of goodies and all your staples such as glue and coredinations over in the Crafter's Companion Shop :) 

Concept Card 2
Take the required elements

Pop them all out

Take the base piece and fold the middle prescored line
Then take the piece with the oval on and add a little glue just to the one side as shown above

Turn it over and stick in place as shown

Add glue to both sides of the last piece

Turn over and stick to the base lining it up, this will also hold the oval piece in place

This is your base, you can now embellish as much as you want, you can see the score lines and fold these back if you want too

You can now add your toppers, I like to use 3d collall glue to do this

Here are a couple of finished ones :)
On this one I added a die'sire snowflake, some pearls, ribbon, flowers, a snowflake punch and some card candi

On this one I added a couple of diecut trees, some ribbon, twine and a button and some pearls

Concept Card 3
Take your required sheet

Pop all the elements out

And fold the prescored lines towards the back, add adhesive to the front panel

Add your star piece to this

You can then add your toppers, you can build the topper up into the pyrampage style or just use one :)

Here are a couple of finished ones :)
For this one I used the die'sire leaf swirl and added a punched star to it, I cut a little snowman from one of the 6 x 6 papers and added him to the star, I offset the main topper and added the sentiment

On this one, I used a little acetate which I stuck to the main panel before I stuck the star down so that my topper would have some movement at the front.

On this one I decided to cut the star up to use it slightly differently and made an easel base out of acetate

I hope these help
Please do get in touch with me if you need any further help
Joey
x x x





10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic tutorials Jo, brilliant way to see them put together xxxx

Unknown said...

Beautifully explaind and clear picture ,will be very helpful :)x

Laura Bradley said...

This is fab Jo! Sure it will be helpful to everyone who got the kit! :) xxxx

Ursula said...

Thank you for all this, a great help x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for doing.this! I was away so didn't record the shows so this is so helpful! :-)

Stressed Stamper said...

wow how busy have you been - all totally stunning
Sarah x

Colette said...

Lovely selection of cards Joey and great tuts, hugs, Colette xx

Colette said...

Fab selection of cards and great tuts, hugs, Colette xx

Wendy from Scotland said...

You are a lifer saver, bought the kit and did not have a clue. I have now made all the cards because of your tutorial. A thousand thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to say a big Thank You for the instructions, I was at my wits ends Lyn