My Lovely Followers Thankyou :)

Saturday 23 August 2008

Daring Cardmakers This Way Arrows

Well now I think I am addicted to challenges! lol, oh dear! But it is great to see what others are doing and get some much needed inspiration along the way!. So over on http://www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/ the challenge is to use arrows on your card, not something I can say I do often but I gave it a go, again another christmas image.
The image is a paperarsty santa, which I stamped onto an alcohol in background on vellum, I embossed it with black embossing powder and layered it. I cut the arrow from plain black card and I edged it with some gold ink. I ripped the vellum and stuck that on the card with the arrow on top of it, I cut mini little triangles to put along it, and I NEVER EVER WRITE on my cards, but thought this went ok, it says "santa follow the arrows to my house"
I was going to add either a button or some ribbon to the top corner then thought i would combine the two, It was only once I did it I thought I could add the little arrow ends on to the end of the ribbon, and again edged them with some gold ink. I am happy with it as its something I havent done before.

8 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge and love all the arrowheads on the ends of the ribbon - have a great weekend
kath
xxxxx

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Joey

Welcome to SBS23 ! Looking forward to getting to know you better very soon.

Seeing as you like challenges so much, there is a new challenge blog starting today at http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.comZoe and I are on the DT so come and join us !!

Love your blog and your creations.

Take care,

Jo x

Juliet said...

WOW, this is gorgeous! Love what you did with the ribbons - fab idea.
Juliet xx

Anne said...

Hi Joey! Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog which brought me over here - great to meet you! You have a fab blog here - I love your Rose ATC's, and your cards are great!

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hiya Joey hope you ok we are fine counting down the days to our wedding now,5 weeks yersterday!! love your card for the challenge hun,ive not had chance to do it this week
wendy xx

Kathy said...

Joey, this is a fab card and a wonderful idea.

Thanks so much for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers

Zoe said...

Welcome to sisterhood 23 sweetie :) You are def in it - you are member number 19!!! Can you please email me your email address so i can add you to the yahoo group - my email addy is zoe_stupples@yahoo.co.uk
I cant wait to get to know you a better :)

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Joey, great card - I think DCM is a great site and I'm often drooling over their gorgeous creations. I never seem to have time to enter many challenges - I just don't know ehere the weeks go. Have you tried the MAMMA challenge yet?