My Lovely Followers Thankyou :)

Monday 11 August 2008

Awwwww A Baby Girl

YAY!!! I am happy :0)
I made 2 cards both different, one simple which i do not usually seem to be able to achieve and guess what?! I am happy happy with them both, still got a thing for brown!I am so chuffed with this card, it finished up looking exactly how it did in my minds eye, not often for me to be happy with the end result!, the close ups show a better likeness of the colour, no matter how many pics i took the card refused to show up good! I have had a huge sheet of baby pink mulberry paper for as long as i can remember so finally it has had a chunk taken out of it, not sure why i brought it as i am not a mulberry paper person usually!, mind you i say its mulberry the texture on it looks like the old wood chip wallpaper. The letters are cut from sizzlitts alphabet "first steps".Awww and the feet, well.... i only had blue ones left!, so i thought about it for ages how can i make them different?! hmmm ok so i coloured them with whispers brown and left them to dry, 45mins later i was still getting little feet imprints on my fingertips, so clever me, i covered them in a layer of utee, but look close enough you can still see some blue, but the backing has some blue in the paper so its ok!
Yes its green!!! I am so fed up of all pink cards, touches of pink are fab though, and the dotty paper again some I have had for ages, I think from a hotp paper pad. I dont tend to be able to simple well, as my simple I always feel doesnt have enough on it, but this card I like, not sure if its because it is green or just because I am having a good craft day. The embossed piece is a cuttlebug folder, they came free with the machine and I dont think i have used it on a card yet! Its cute, I'll give it that. I like the postage stamp idea though and have a few more embossing folders to try to match it. I double layered both parts of the stamp.

Back to it now as I have a backlog of cards to get finished!

No comments: