My Lovely Followers Thankyou :)

Saturday 10 January 2009

1 Card, 2 Challenges

Back Again, this time with a card to fit 2 challenges I dont combine them often so hope its ok, firstly for the Penny Black Challenge which is to use "pink and brown" on your creations, and secondly for the One Stop Craft Challenge where the theme is "take a punch".
So when I started out I didnt think my pink would end up being so shocking!, and I never really put this shade of pink with brown at least I dont think I do!, I usually go for the baby pink and chocolate look, all snug and cosy but this certainly isnt!!! (sorry bout pic)

See what I mean lol, but I think it kinda suits the image. I think I overloaded on flowers too!. I coloured the image with promarkers, and then I went around it with a blue pen I have seen so many people across blogland doing it and it really does make a difference to the image, more so when you get it dead neat and tidy so I glad the pic no show my freehand mess up to much! I was going to scrap it but thought nope how else am I gonna learn lol. The happy birthday is cut from a hero arts dies. The punches element is the corners which I used a fiskars punch and in the mix of flowers I used some punched ones.
Thanks for stopping by and Looking.x

27 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous Joey, love the colour combo. hugs rachxxx

Faye said...

Lovely card, Joey. I like the use of pink (even hot pink) and brown. And you can't ever have too many flowers.

Allison said...

great card, the image is lovely and so are the colours
AllisonX

Lyn said...

gorgeous card Joey, it might be a shocking pink but it certainly goes with the image, never too many flowers is what I say

tracie said...

Fabulous card Joey, very girly !! Love this image and all the gorgeous blooms - love it.
Thanks for joining us this week
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Joey, love the vibriant pink with the brown and as you say it suits the image well. Joanne x

Finjill said...

Oooooooh I LIKE!!!! Stunning colour combination!
HUGS
Jillx

Kath Stewart said...

oooh...la la this is tres chic Joey....fab colour work on your image...love the ribbon and the flowers...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath
xxxxx

Debbie said...

Great card Joey! Fab image and all of the gorgeous flowers. Debbie x

Lorraine A said...

Hi Joey, love how you made this card, the image is fab ( I have it too ! ) the flowers look great, whenever I try to use flowers they always look odd !!
Love the pearly centres too :-)
Lorraine

CRAFTERESA said...

another gorgeous card Joey, I think the deeper pink goes well with the brown, you really do produce some gorgeous cards

Teresa xx

Heather said...

Brilliant Joey - the 'sassy' image suits the 'shicking' pine brilliantly.
hugs Heather xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Brilliant colour combo and you're right this funky concoction really suits the image. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the funky colours they look great. The image looks fab to might have to try this trick. Love the flowers a girl can never have too many (except for me cant have them in our house anymore). Brill card looks great.
Lyndsey xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the PB image and all the pretty flowers.

Beth said...

This is a stunner! The hot pink is perfect for the sexy image!! Great card! Thanks for joining us this week!
Beth xx

Pauline C said...

Great funky card Joey - love your layout. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh wow Joey, what a sensational card hunny. Just loving this, the image is fantastic and coloured to perfection and gorgeous detail too. Lovely card!!! big hugs Linda x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super card & I love the pearl centres in your flowers...

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

Mandi said...

GORGEOUS card hun, but , then we expect nothing less from you! Hugs xx

Liza said...

Great job with the card, your colouring looks fab and I so love this PB image.

Liza x

Donna said...

Stunning card Joey, I don't think you've overloaded the flowers at all. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

Crafting Queen said...

Super card! Check on my blog, there is something there for you.

Sue said...

lovely lovely lovely hun,xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome card Joey!! Love the flowers with the wee little pearl centers, fun pink ribbon, great image!! Wonderfully done!!
Hugs, Kelly

Paula said...

Stunning card Joey. Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous Joey. I love the colours and the set out. Thanks for joinging in with our one stop craft challenge.
Shelley xx